Speak Out: Good for Texas

Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 9:45 AM:

If Biden won’t,Texas will.

Replies (308)

Don't Mess With Texas!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 10:04 AM
  • There’s gonna be a showdown and it could real serious real fast as a large number of states are backing Texas possibly sending their own National Guard troops to help control the illegals storming the gates as it were.

There’s a significant number of truckers heading there,also. If Biden won’t do his constitutional job then states rights should prevail.

I shoulda invested in plexiglass before the plandemic and razor wire as Texas is throwing up miles of it.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 10:50 AM
  • That “large number” I referenced is actually 25. I’ve read estimates of 700k trucks participating in the border protest. Doubt it reaches that number. Just hopeful.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 10:59 AM

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 10:50 AM

DA, Dead Man Walking is going to start another Civil War with his voter bloc attempt if he isn't careful. Dfference from last one he may have about 40 states marching on DC.

I hope this is remembered in November if the Democrats are d mb enough to nominate him.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 26, 2024, at 10:51 PM

Texas has the Right to protect it's citizens using any means possible , the Supreme Court's one paragraph opinion did not change their Rights. At least 25 States , or half of America support Texas actions to defend it's border using it's National Guard , razor wire , or other ways too . The Texas border makes up about half of the U.S. – Mexico border , stretching 1,254 miles from the Gulf of México to El Paso . This border is too long for the Federal CBP to control , any and all National Guard from those 25 States should be activated to the Southern Border because immigrants do not only cross throught the official check points .

2 marbles can , and should write a couple of EO's to reverse his policies but IMO , he wouldn't get them correct and the clust "______" would only get worse . Texas should put the barbed razor wire in the middle of the river instead of on it's banks . If any immigrants do make it across , put them on a boat and take them right back to the other side again . If immigrants drown or get hurt trying to cross thats all on them , it was their decision to get in that river , not Texas..

Ameica already has it's own living in the streets..

...btw , part of the Navajo Nation , tribe Tohono O’odham , sits on the estimated 2.7 million acre Navajo Nation rez . Sonora , a town of 2,000 that sits on the Arizona/Mexico Border , it was included as part of a border treaty in 1854 . People who are not of the rez disappear somewhere not to be seen again , nobody knows where they go either , these strangers including anybody not of the Navajo Nation , treaties are treaties .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 6:20 AM
  • https://youtu.be/C69bUdgWD0A?si=PTj4JXl2do_T7zUk

Take note of the headline. “Spat” with the Federal Government? This will be he turning point on the border crisis and states rights and it’s a “spat”?

Biden wants money not to stop the invasion but only to process more illegals faster.

25 states joining Texas makes 26 and that’s called a majority. Better do more than hiring enablers.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 7:42 AM

...and still walk face first into walls .

2 marbles can't manage the money pit he already has now for the border so give him some more money that he can spend to save the EV gas pumps in East St.Louis and gun control scopes on double barrel shot guns .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 8:00 AM

https://l.smartnews.com/p-GqPvA/qAvW7A

Posted elsewhere as well.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 8:12 AM
  • -- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 9:08 AM

give him some more money that he can spend to save the EV gas pumps in East St.Louis and gun control scopes on double barrel shot guns .

-- Posted by Diseased●Turtle on Sat, Jan 27, 2024, at 8:00 AM

SCOPES ON double barrel shotguns! That's one I had not heard of.

Fits right in there as being as useless as t ts on a boar hog.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jan 28, 2024, at 7:52 AM

Unconfirmed reports have Biden's proposal of only 5,000 Illegals could enter in one day then the Border would be closed till the next day!! Good grief, why not set the amount to 100 or 50 or 10 per day!!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/2822425/desantis-slams-proposed-b...

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Jan 28, 2024, at 9:15 AM
  • Watching Face The Nation and Margaret Brennan tried her liberal best to corner Sen Langford into saying what she wanted to hear. She is the best example of why the unbiased media isn’t.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 28, 2024, at 10:52 AM
  • HA! Ol Maggie was cut off mid sentence to air an NFL Sunday preview.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Jan 28, 2024, at 11:06 AM
  • This border “spat” will be the undoing of Biden. His refusal to comply with the Constitution should lead to his impeachment. High crimes don’t come close enough to describe what Biden is trying. Governor Abbot may not have use of his legs but he has the biggest set of b….s!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:32 AM

Most probably not enough time left for impeachment , not to go through the whole process between now and November anyway .

The American voters will take care of getting rid of 2 marbles , no doubt..

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 10:34 AM
  • I concur DT. I’ve always been against an actual impeachment only because of the DEI next in line.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 11:16 AM
  • "His refusal to comply with the Constitution should lead to his impeachment."

What section of the US Constitution is he refusing to comply with?

Keep in mind...

Summary

The right to apply for asylum is enshrined in U.S. and international law. The qualifications resemble those for refugee status, but asylum seekers follow a different process.

Asylum claims have reached record levels in recent years, though they dropped early in the COVID-19 pandemic. In fiscal year 2021, the U.S. government granted asylum to more than seventeen thousand migrants.

President Biden pledged to restore asylum access that had been curtailed under President Trump, but a historic surge in migration at the U.S.-Mexico border has challenged his plans.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 1:25 PM

What section of the US Constitution is he refusing to comply with?

Leftau, an American President's first duty is to protect the people and interests of the American people over that of the rest of the world.

Asylum is just a farce, we all know that. Fleeing poverty is not reason for asylmn.

The illegals are not asylmn seekers as a whole.

A Democrat farce!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 2:46 PM
  • So there's nothing in the US Constitution that prohibits our nation from granting asylum.

In fact most Americans at the time the Constitution was adopted were asylum seekers in one form or another.

Per US law seeking asylum is legal.

Apparently that fact is another easy one for Mr. VanGennip to ignore.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 4:52 PM
  • I’ll make it easy for you since you can’t seem to. Just look up Article 4 Section 4 then get back to me.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 5:49 PM

So there's nothing in the US Constitution that prohibits our nation from granting asylum.

In fact most Americans at the time the Constitution was adopted were asylum seekers in one form or another.

Per US law seeking asylum is legal.

Apparently that fact is another easy one for Mr. VanGennip to ignore.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 4:52 PM

Leftau, since you cannot seem to wrap your feeble brain around what the definition of asylumn is, I will help you. Please read below.

"the protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee:"

Seeking a better life is not the same thing as seeking asylum. Think about it a little maybe it will dawn on you.

We all know why the border has been opened by Biden although some of us might not be willing to admit it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 7:00 PM
  • Wheels,just waiting for him to get back with his personal interpretation of the Constitution.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 7:35 PM

DA, been busy with preparation for the April 15th unpleasantness and a life simplification plan.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 7:44 PM
  • It is that time of year to pay the King.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:01 PM

Yeah for the fine work they do. Not!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:10 PM
  • "Just look up Article 4 Section 4 then get back to me."

You're right...

Didn't realize that the asylum seeking dads were carrying bazookas, the moms were packing M-16's and asylum kids were toting grenades in their back packs.

That's an invasion.

Sarcasm, in case you missed it.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:20 PM
  • Figured you wouldn’t understand. That darned old Constitution thing. Only good when you twist it to satisfy what you want it to mean.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:29 PM

Didn't realize that the asylum seeking dads were carrying bazookas, the moms were packing M-16's and asylum kids were toting grenades in their back packs.

That's an invasion.

Sarcasm, in case you missed it.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:20 PM

Realism in case you missed it Leftau. Your version of Invasion is far from all inclusive of what an invasion is and the Southern Border is certainly a great example. See below.

in·va·sion

[inˈvāZHən]

noun

an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force:

"the Allied invasion of Normandy" · "in 1546 England had to be defended from invasion"

Similar:

occupation

conquering

capture

seizure

annexation

annexing

an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity:

"stadium guards are preparing for another invasion of fans"

Similar:

influx

inundation

inrush

rush

flood

torrent

deluge

an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain:

"random drug testing of employees is an unwarranted invasion of privacy"

Similar:

violation

infringement

interruption

disturbance

disruption

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:30 PM

Still think we don't have an invasion Leftau?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 8:49 PM
  • "...when you twist it to satisfy what you want it to mean."

Exactly what you've done. Congrats...

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:09 PM
  • So,you don’t believe in that darned old Constitution? Let me clarify that. You don’t believe in it unless it has something you agree with then you’re all about following it.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:28 PM

"...when you twist it to satisfy what you want it to mean."

Exactly what you've done. Congrats...

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:09 PM

No twisting it here Water Boy. It just so happens that I learned to use a dictionary quite early in life. I didn't write it though as you appear to like to do to suit your purpose.

Like it or not, we are facing an invasion at the Southern Border because Dead Man Walking was coached to issue an Executive Order opening up the border to this invasion. It is his duty to stop it as he started it.

Wouldn't be surprised to find the Little Half Black Ex President was behind it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:54 PM

So,you don’t believe in that darned old Constitution? Let me clarify that. You don’t believe in it unless it has something you agree with then you’re all about following it.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:28 PM

DA, the Water Boy has his nose buried so deep in the Democratic Pary that he is going to need an Otolaryngologist, if they make a sharp turn.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 29, 2024, at 9:59 PM

Seeking asylum from gang violence , poverty , or political refugee .

🔹So immigrants are bused to the inner cities of New York , Chicago , and L.A, where gang violence happens everyday and night , it's a way of life . The American People who live in these cities live in the slums of poverty , they have little or nothing for theirself much less 1,000's of foreigners . "political refugee" , the inner city's Human Rights from political refugee in those Cities are now run by Special Interest Groups and not the US of A Constitutional Human Rights . They are not Americans , they have no American US of A Constitutional Rights .

🔹And what about the immigrants that just walk right on into America and Texas 1,400 mile long border unchecked . Who are they and where do they go . Do they even know what America's definition of asylum is , do they even care ?

🔹 For every excuse there are 5 reasons not to .

🔹 This is a first class cluster "____" created by an unqualified and inept President that will take years to correct . Get him out of there .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 1:35 AM

🔹 This is a first class cluster "____" created by an unqualified and inept President that will take years to correct . Get him out of there .

-- Posted by Diseased●Turtle on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 1:35 AM

I agree not one square foot of America deserves these illegals dumped on them.

Put Dead Man Walking in a nursing home and replace him with a leader.

Yes Google I think it is civil.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 7:28 AM

Rick I think maybe a bus load dumped in front of everyone in Comgress's door who will do nothing about closing the border. And a bus load in front of each of Biden's vacation spots where he spends a large percentage of his time!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 7:50 AM
  • Guess that “get back to me” ain’t gonna happen.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 1:21 PM
  • Rick S.,

"This is a first class cluster "____" created by an unqualified and inept President that will take years to correct."

If you want to blame Biden for the border situation, you also need to Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

None of them have been able to convince Congress to do their job and pass comprehensive immigration reform.

----- ---- --- -- -

Now we are at least in a position with Congress ready to pass bipartisan immigration legislation that will allow legal limits on border crossings to few or none.

Except, now our one-term, twice impeached, four times indicted on 91 felonies, fired president, now convicted of financial fraud, sexual abuse and defamation, is commanding that republicans keep the border open.

The border has never been "open," as republicans have perversely claimed it is. By saying it is, the republicans are virtually screaming to the world, "come on in, our border's open!!" when it's not.

Perhaps someone can come up with a reason that republicans/conservatives now don't want the border closed.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 2:05 PM

"Except, now our one-term, twice impeached, four times indicted on 91 felonies, fired president, now convicted of financial fraud, sexual abuse and defamation, is commanding that republicans keep the border open."

I was wondering when Leftau would sing his funny little verse and blame Trump for Biden opening the Border. Well it has happened.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 3:06 PM
  • Wheels,with a little work it can be a kindergarten sing-a-long or a Grammy winning whine-a-long. Either way his tears are smudging it up.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 4:01 PM
  • Heard a radio interview of sorts with the WH press secretary liar in chief and it took her only 15 seconds to blame anyone but Biden for his catastrophic border crisis.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 4:36 PM
  • Why are republicans refusing to close the border? The offer is right there in the Senate. Any answer Mr. Braswell?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 4:40 PM
  • Have you noticed that there’s still a question out there you haven’t addressed so don’t expect one from me.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 4:49 PM
  • I didn't find it. Ask again and you'll an answer.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:04 PM
  • The only question I found was in regard to believing in the Constitution. The answer's yes.

Do you believe in the 14th amendment?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:19 PM

Lettau, since you must had been asleep during the last 2 years of President Trump term in office....the Southern Border was closed by the Stay in Mexico Policy. On Day One Senile Joey ended that policy by his EO and the USA has now over 6 million New Dependent Biden Illegals that is costing the American Taxpayers Billions of Dollars Every Year!! BTW, the leaking info on the Democrats face/election saving stunt has a daily cutoff of 5,000 Illegals per day....that's 150,000 New Dependent Biden Illegals per month. That is why Trump and Republicans are against this insane Bill.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:25 PM
  • During the Trump administration there were about 2 million border crossings/encounters.

The slight reduction was due to there being more danger of Covid-19 in the US, and of course Trump's child kidnapping program.

Back in 2028 Trump was on record demanding that Congress taken action to reform immigration.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:35 PM

Back in 2028 Trump was on record demanding that Congress taken action to reform immigration.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:35 PM

Back in 2028? What the hell you drinking Leftau?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 5:57 PM

Well I could have predicted Leftau's reaction to the problem.

Dead Man Walking opened the border and we haver over 6 million illegals to feed, cloth, houe and educate and it is all Trump’s fault

From a man who doesn't know what year it is, I don't think taking him seriously is a viable option.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:13 PM

"Dead Man Walking opened the border and we haver over 6 million illegals to feed, cloth, houe and educate and it is all Trump’s fault."

Danged fat lingered flue.

Make that.....

Dead Man Walking opened the border and we have over 6 million illegals to feed, cloth, house and educate and it is all Trump’s fault.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:15 PM

"During the Trump administration there were about 2 million border crossings/encounters."

And the bulk of them went back where?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:20 PM
  • There ya go…..14th amendment good. 4th amendment bad. Thx Mr Lettau. Typical non answer.

When Biden ignores his oath of office thereby violating the Constitution it takes a State exercising its Constitutional Rights to call Biden’s bluff. That and numerous democratic cities/states crying about the illegals. The unintended consequences of elections. Thankfully a majority of states have joined Texas but if I recall correctly those same democrats whining about “not in my backyard “ haven’t joined them. Hand it to the democrats. Doesn’t matter how wrong the issue they hang together.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:26 PM

If you want to blame Biden for the border situation, you also need to Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

None of them have been able to convince Congress to do their job and pass comprehensive immigration reform.

Correct , no President's Administration has been able to pass comprehensive immigration reform that would prevent any future President from using their own EO's and policy exactly as Biden has done. But Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush are no more responsible for Biden's unqualified and inept first class cluster "____" actions then he is then any of theirs .

🔹🔹

Biden says he would shut down U.S.-Mexico border ‘right now’ if Congress sends him a deal .

“A bipartisan bill would be good for America and help fix our broken immigration system and allow speedy access for those who deserve to be here, and Congress needs to get it done . It’ll also give me as president, the emergency authority to shut down the border until it could get back under control. If that bill were the law today, I’d shut down the border right now and fix it quickly.”

~~ Joe Biden

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/president-biden-says-hell-shut-the-u-s-mex...

🔹🔹

I believe and support the US of A Constitution and don't believe it should be taken out of context as 𝓗e who can not be said is doing over and over to gain power . A democratic candidate born in Turkey , Cenk Uygur (D) , is trying to run for President using the 14 Amendment . Get him out of there .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:30 PM

Where did the Mouth to the South go?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:37 PM
  • Where? Trying to evade the truth.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:56 PM
  • I answered your questions, Mr. Braswell, still waiting for your answers.

Also I'd like to learn how President Biden violated the Constitution. As you're aware, or should be, Article 4 Section 4 has nothing to do with asylum/refugee status.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 6:56 PM
  • Sorry Mr. Braswell, I have no problems with facts or the truth.

The fact is that Congress makes immigration law and they need to get at it.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 7:04 PM
  • It has to do with states rights when the federal government,in this case Biden, will not do its constitutional job. Trying but failing again. You don’t think states have the right to defend themselves when the feds refuse to?

California sent its Calguard troops to the border and nothing was said then.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 7:50 PM

The one thing Leftau refuses to acknowledge is that illegals were not streaming across the border in recent history as they are since Biden opened the Border. I do not care what Leftau thinks the previous handful of President's did wrong. There was no reason for his EO other than to try and build an unbeatable voting block for the Democrats. That I firmly believe.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 8:05 PM

The one thing Leftau refuses to acknowledge is that illegals were not streaming across the border in recent history as they are since Biden opened the Border. I do not care what Leftau thinks the previous handful of President's did wrong. There was no reason for his EO other than to try and build an unbeatable voting block for the Democrats. That I firmly believe.

I never thought we would live to see anything exceeding the Carter mess, but Biden has shown the country he was capable of doing so.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 8:09 PM

Jimmy Carter had his Iran Waterloo and now Joey Biden has his Iran Waterloo!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jan 30, 2024, at 9:17 PM

Also I'd like to learn how President Biden violated the Constitution. As you're aware, or should be, Article 4 Section 4 has nothing to do with asylum/refugee status.

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

Presidential EO's and their Polices are Constitutional , this is why there is a push for new comprehensive immigration reform Legislations . The "Remain in Mexico" policy was Constitutional . Article 4 Section 4 does have something to do with asylum/refugee status , it proves immigrants do not have US of A Comstitutional Rights as they are not Americans.

It is Constitutional for the State of Texas to erect and use razor wire by it's National Guard to protect it's border as ruled by the Supreme Court , but it is not Constitutionl for the State of Texas to interfer or stop the CBP from removing or cutting said razor wire .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:18 AM

For all of the talk of how this is all Congress's fault! BS!

Dead Man Walking opened the border with an EO. Now close it with another EO!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:49 AM

AND, then round those up who are here and return them to Mexico. Mexico will then close their borders to these people.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:52 AM
  • Biden stops Texas exports of gas. What a grade school retaliation over a state doing what he refuses to do. Yeah,that’ll teach ‘em! The world needs those exports and when Biden stops them they revert to using Russian gas or,the horror,burning coal. Kill an industry. Kill jobs. Support Russia and burn more coal. If its not dementia then it’s mental illness.

BTW-the Texas deterrent is working. 4k/day at Eagle Pass is now “0”.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 8:02 AM

And the Democrats want to re-elect Dead Man Walking!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 8:08 AM
  • "....was coached to issue an Executive Order opening up the border to this invasion..."

Another conspiracy theory.

If some people didn't have conspiracy theories to embrace, they'd have no theories at all. Seemingly they wander around unencumbered by the thought process.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 9:37 AM

- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 9:37 AM

Little Man don't go getting your balls in such an uproar.

Would you be so bold as to state that those like Obama and others who are unelected are not coaching Dead Man Walking?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 12:01 PM

Seemingly they wander around unencumbered by the thought process.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 9:37 AM

At least Little Man I spent my career doing my own thinking, unlike someone I know who is posting on here.

KAPEESH?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 12:05 PM
  • Yes I would.

I have no idea of how you "spent your career." My opinions are only based on your political positions.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 12:26 PM

Biden bucks Obama’s legacy on climate and gas with LNG export pause

In tandem with actions aimed at protecting the climate, former President Obama pursued an aggressive policy of natural gas exports — one which President Biden continued for most of his first term.

Early Friday morning, however, Biden — under heavy pressure from many in his own party — signaled a step back, announcing a pause on permits for the segment of the vast fleet of new gas export terminals still awaiting federal permission to build.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4433133-biden-bucks-obama-legacy-c...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 12:52 PM

Biden’s gas export pause could ripple through LNG lawsuits

The temporary pause, which is expected to last months, was a decisive win for environmental groups and Democratic lawmakers who have been ramping up pressure on the White House to address emissions from the nation’s rapidly increasing LNG exports.

It may also boost environmentalists’ legal fight over an LNG export terminal in Alaska that raises the very issue DOE plans to investigate: How should climate risks be accounted for when the government decides a gas export project is in the public interest?

“Fundamentally, it’s just a very challenging thing to get a project built if the federal government doesn’t want to build it,” he said.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/bidens-gas-export-pause-could-ripple-through-lng...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 1:13 PM

Yes I would.

I have no idea of how you "spent your career." My opinions are only based on your political positions.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 12:26 PM

Leftau, I have made my position perfectly clear. I am Conservative and will go that direction. There are times when I have been forced into the best of the worst.

I could never be a Liberal Socialstic Leaner. But I have supported Conservative Democrats.

Telling you that, will ask you, have you ever supported anything besides a professed Democrat?

So you think you know everything there is to know about my Political positions. Sorry Charley, you don't know squat.

Aside from politics I spent all but about the first 6 years or my working life where it is sink or swim based on your own capabilities not someone directing me what to do next.

And I make my own decisions on politics not some political party telling me what to think.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 1:22 PM
  • The Cheneys, Romney, Kiplinger, etc.

are conservatives, you may have been before Trump. Not sure what you are now, but I can assure you that my political are more conservative that Trump's have ever been.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 3:55 PM
  • "...political views..."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 4:13 PM
  • Ah,the old “ Amicus meus, inimicus inimici mei”

Nice try.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 4:35 PM

Have one election , just one , without the "D" and the "R" modifier behind the politicians names just to see what happens.

Look what it's got us , Obama , Trump , Biden in just this Century alone , look what a Historical cluster "____" America has become and now we'll get to choose between two of those "_____s" again , it can't be good....as long as it's Party before Country , it is what it is...now is the time to be one Party and that's American , there would only be one Party to blame and that would be ourselves .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:08 PM

5:08 PM

Been at least 2 parties in America since the gitgo and it will be that way for the power that the parties represent!! If you want one Party rule, than try the Communist Party!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:24 PM

The Cheneys, Romney, Kiplinger, etc.

are conservatives, you may have been before Trump. Not sure what you are now, but I can assure you that my political are more conservative that Trump's have ever been.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 3:55 PM

Who ever said I was all in for Trump? Three times I have stated that I don't think Biden or Trump should run and for different reasons

But when the Democrats put people like Hillary Clinton or Dead Man Walking on the ballot you can be assured my vote will be against them.

Trump is a lot of things but we were better off than we are under Dead Man Walking. I sure as hell wasn't paying over $200 per week for groceries for two people.

I will be the party who I feel is the most Conservative and who i feel is better for America Little Man!

You being the Leftist Liberal Socialistic Democrat you are does not make decisions for me.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:30 PM
  • The problem Mr. Braswell is that I don't consider conservatives as enemies.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:42 PM

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 4:35 PM

DA, I stopped short of telling Leftau to take a FF at a rolling donut with him trying to tell me what I am.

Proud of my restraint.

If I ever appear to be thinking like Leftau, would you smack me with something hard and heavy.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:42 PM
  • "...on the ballot you can be assured my vote will be against them."

That's the perfect example of putting party above country.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:46 PM

"...on the ballot you can be assured my vote will be against them."

That's the perfect example of putting party above country.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:46 PM

You may be a little slow Leftau, I didn't say party, I named two specific people who are not only Far Left, Liberal, Socialist with Communistic leanings. Hillary Clinton should be in prison and dead Man Ealking should be in an institution, possibly mental. I will not vote for people like them.

Are you saying all Democrats are like them??

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:56 PM

Leftau, I recognize the fact that all Republicans are not Conservative.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 5:58 PM
  • I will 100% guarantee Mr Lettau did not vote for Mitt Romney. And back that up with Pre-Trump the Cheneys were on his most hated list. The old man was Bush II VP. Bet he never voted for Bush II. And Liz? Voting record was nearly a flawless supporter of Trump. Kiplinger? No idea other than he heard that the guy hated Trump.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:20 PM

DA, Leftau is just a Democratic Party hack.

Add to that he thinks he knows everything.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:29 PM
  • And just in case before she hated Trump she was the consummate “Republican” Mr Lettau loved to hate but loves now.

http://politicsthatwork.com/voting-record/Liz-Cheney-412732

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:31 PM
  • "No idea other than he heard that the guy hated Trump."

Other than getting the name wrong, your comment reveals exactly how your confusion manifests itself.

Trumpists are the first to accuse anyone telling the truth about Trump, of being one that "hated Trump."

Adam Kinzinger simply told the truth about Trump. How do you misinterpret that as "hatred?"

The last time I had an opportunity to vote for an honest and competent republican, I voted for Jo Ann Emerson.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:42 PM
  • Cheney hammered Biden over his border policies allowing “illegals” entering the country…..then she got booted to the curb and now blames Trump.

Ah,the sweetheart of Mr Lettau.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:43 PM
  • What's your point. Cheney was not afraid to tell the truth about Trump, and was the personification of putting country before party.

That shouldn't be that hard for you to understand.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 6:50 PM

Leftau since you seem to be a little slow, I never mentioned party where Hillary Clinton is concerned. That women is evil in my opinion and would make the worst President in the history of America. The Dead Man Walking and crooked Hillary are not good for America.

So far as voting for Dead Man Walking, the man is mentally not with it and physically not capable.

Yes Google I believe it is civil.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:13 PM

Leftau, why don't you do some personification regarding Dead Man Walking and tell the truth about him?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:24 PM
  • Waiting for you to go first.

The truth is he's doing a far better job as President than Trump ever did.

What goes on in your imagination is your own business.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:30 PM
  • “What’s your point”

Thanks for verifying what we knew all along.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:48 PM

Here's that Great Job That Lettau brags about of his fearless leader Joey China Biden:

Biden since February 2021 to December 2023 has given Americans 17% Total Inflation. Current Inflation is 3.4%

Since June 2022 High Prime Interest Rates which is 8.5% now

High Crime Rates in the Blue Democratic controlled Cities

More Covid Deaths during 2021 under Biden than during 2020 under Trump

Over 6 million New Dependent Illegals in the USA since 1/21/21

Strategic Petroleum Reserves cut by 60%

A disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal which left 500 USA citizens behind along with $83 billion of usable American military equipment

over $115 Billion given to Ukraine to protect their Boders while the USA Borders are Wide Open

Joey Biden with his mumbling and Stumbling in front of the World to see making him the World's Clown!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:55 PM
  • "Thanks for verifying what we knew all along."

Guess it was too hard for you to understand.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 8:04 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 7:30 PM

Leftau, everywhere you turn you see where our dollar is becoming worthless.

Exploring farm ground as a life simplification move.

Good grief the price per acre for producing farm ground would blow your mind, and the price to replace a building has skyrocketed. And I hear wages are not keeping up with these highly inflated prices.

Leftau your idea of Dead Man Walking's performance is as inflated as everything you purchase these days.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jan 31, 2024, at 8:13 PM
  • “Guess it was too hard for you to understand”

That’s a hoot. Too hard? Easy Peasy!

Until Cheney joined the hate Trump cult she was of no use. See how easy that is to understand?

Haven’t explained that Kiplinger connection. Is that a Trump hater cohort?

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Feb 1, 2024, at 7:24 AM
  • Wondering if Mr Lettau can tell the difference between a Middle East terrorist speaking perfect Spanish can tell the difference between them and a Mexican man seeking “asylum “?

Doubt it.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Feb 2, 2024, at 7:04 PM
  • Once more your delusions override common sense.

Of course there were political positions that Cheney may have held that I would disagree with, but I do respect her honesty.

In case you're unsure, that means telling the truth, a characteristic sadly lacking in republicans today.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Feb 2, 2024, at 10:10 PM

a characteristic sadly lacking in republicans today.

LOL LOL LOL Lettau you don't know what you are talking about....quit embarrassing yourself!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Feb 2, 2024, at 10:27 PM

In case you're unsure, that means telling the truth, a characteristic sadly lacking in republicans today.

What are you trying to say leftau?

That they are lying like a bunch of Democrats?

Sure cannot believe it has reached that level.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 12:08 AM

Never seen an honest politician yet . Seen a lot of career politicians but no honest ones .

Legal thieves basically , who write Laws and Legislations to see who gets the most career pork loot under the guise of "I'll fight for your "_______" (fill in the blank as needed) to keep their legal thieving careers .

𝓗e who can not be said , the better businessman , who knows how to swindle and get more career pork loot then 2 marbles who walks face first into walls .

MAGA (Mindless Americans Getting Abused) vs. Dead Man Walking in 2024 ....pick your poison .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 4:43 AM

Bus carrying nearly 500 pounds of fentanyl stopped at border

EL PASO, Texas

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/bus-carrying-n...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 5:10 AM
  • Once more your delusions override common sense.

Of course there were political positions that Cheney may have held that I would disagree with, but I do respect her honesty.

Then how can you show undying devotion to Biden with his propensity for dishonesty not to mention the rest of the democratic cabal?

That is the perfect example of your delusional thinking. Common sense never has been your strong point.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 6:50 AM

4:43 AM

Mindless Americans Getting Abuse....the 3rd party of Mickey Mouse supporters!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Feb 3, 2024, at 10:11 AM
  • There's never been "undying devotion to Biden."

Perhaps if you have valid and proven examples of his "propensity for dishonesty," you should inform the republicans, because they don't.

Recognition of reality is commonsense at work.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 9:51 AM
  • Here's an easy common sense question for you...

Trump called the crowd to DC, sent them to the Capital where the EC counting was in progress, saying fight like hell.

Common sense concludes Trump complicity. True or false?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 10:04 AM
  • Amazing how for 3 years the democrats kept up the there’s no crisis at the border but suddenly it’s all they talk about. Crisis crisis it’s a crisis they say. Wasn’t a crisis when they had both houses and the president putting up the cages. Doesn’t take half a brain to figure out their motives.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 10:47 AM
  • As a candidate, Joe Biden said that if he were elected president, migrants should "immediately surge to the border." The migrants took him up on it.

Ya get what you voted for.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 11:16 AM
  • Either you made that up or you can provide that complete quote in context.

Thanks.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 11:19 AM

10:04 AM

Lettau, as usually your BS with mistruths included....Trump said PEACEFFULLY GO - Stop embarrassing yourself with your BS and mistruths!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 11:23 AM
  • Just like I “made up” the Jan 6 “committee” hired a Hollywood producer that you denied but either from stubbornness,denial or just plain….. dang it! Don’t want to get busted here……refuse to look it up yourself.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 11:53 AM
  • As usual...

All talk, no quotes.

You're catching up with Schaefer and VanGennip.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:18 PM

12:18 PM

33% Joey Biden....LOL LOL Senile Demented Resident of the White House Nursing Home and the Laughing Stock of the World!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:21 PM
  • That's what happens to many republicans/conservatives, if facts don't support their positions, they make up an "alternate truth."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:25 PM
  • Really want me to prove or remain in your alternate reality?

Your choice.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:39 PM
  • There's the difference, I have no objections to accepting reality.

Good example is my not having to pretend that January 6th was something like a "tourist day."

So you'd be best off by just sticking to the truth.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:51 PM

Peacefully go and fight like hell .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 1:07 PM
  • Make sure you add unwilling to do research on a resume.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 1:07 PM
  • Why would I do that? I'm perfectly able research any claim I make.

Do you have "unable to provide proof of claims" on your resume?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 1:34 PM

12:25 PM

Coming from you Lettau that's funny!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 5:25 PM

1:07 PM

Getting like Leftau, trying to be funny and don't know how!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 5:27 PM

Lettau and Scaggs - Biden's lap dogs!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 5:28 PM

There's the difference, I have no objections to accepting reality.

Good example is my not having to pretend that January 6th was something like a "tourist day."

So you'd be best off by just sticking to the truth.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 12:51 PM

Ok Water Boy, your statement above by using tourist day in quotations, indicates someone on here used that terminology.

So now, how about you show us where you got those two words and who on here said it. Or for that matter who anywhere made that statement.

I believe it is put up or shut up on that item Leftau. And less than a post or article showing that terminology was used. I am calling BS.

A name and a copy of the post is needed Leftau.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 4, 2024, at 9:44 PM

🔸 🔹 If there was no rally Jan.6 would have been just another day in America.

🔸 🔹 Who were doing their Constitutional duty on Jan.6

🔸 🔹 Who planned , organized , and hosted the Jan. 6 rally.

🔸 🔹 Who is responsible for everything that happened due to that rally , good or bad.

◇ ◇ ◇

..and so it goes :

Scalise: No vote for Senate border bill in House

“Let me be clear: The Senate Border Bill will NOT receive a vote in the House,” Scalise posted on social media.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/scalise-no-vot...

◇ ◇ ◇

"More come then blades of grass on the prarie."

~ Red Cloud

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 6:11 AM

If the Nov. 2020 Elections were fair and honest then there would had been no need for a Jan. 6, 2021 Peaceful protest!!

As a result of the bogus election:

Biden since February 2021 to December 2023 has given Americans 17% Total Inflation. Current Inflation is 3.4%

Since June 2022 High Prime Interest Rates which is 8.5% now

High Crime Rates in the Blue Democratic controlled Cities

More Covid Deaths during 2021 under Biden than during 2020 under Trump

Over 6 million New Dependent Illegals in the USA since 1/21/21

Strategic Petroleum Reserves cut by 60%

A disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal which left 500 USA citizens behind along with $83 billion of usable American military equipment

over $115 Billion given to Ukraine to protect their Boders while the USA Borders are Wide Open

Joey Biden with his mumbling and Stumbling in front of the World to see making him the World's Clown!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 8:20 AM

- Posted by Diseased🔹Turtle on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 6:11 AM

Close the damed border the way you opened it Joe. Use your paper and pen with an Executive Order.

Your number one responsibility is to The United States of America not Central America, South America and anyone else trying to enter over the border you opened, with a pen.

Then resign and check yourself in to a nursing home.

The Laughing Hyena couldn't be any worse than you, Dead Man Walking!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 8:46 AM
  • Mr Lettau seems to think he has me backed into a corner with his unwillingness to do his own legwork. He’s come up just short of calling me a liar. Guess I’ll have to do the work for him and not expect an apology.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 8:54 AM

DA, one of the things the Water Boy needs to do is show us from wence yhe term "tourist day" he quotes from some unknown source.

Beginning to believe he is just Another run of the mill lying Democrat.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 9:11 AM
  • As mentioned several times, I'm fully able and willing to do my own "legwork" to support my own claims or positions. I'd expect you to want to do likewise.

Good example is the origin of the claim the the day of January 6th, at times resembled a "tourist" visit, which is the "astute observation" made by Representative Andrew Clyde of Georgia.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 10:26 AM
  • -- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 10:38 AM

Leftau, Rep. Clyde speaks for Rep Clyde and whomever he might represent. He does not speak for all as you TRY to make it sound.

January 6th certainly was not all perfection, nor was it everything you try to make it. There were some very bad people involved and there were some very good people there who felt they were cheated and did nothing wrong.

My Asessment of your account of the whole affair is that you are a Trump hating Democrat Party Lackey.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:02 AM

Trump hating Democrat Party Lackey.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:02 AM

👍👍👍

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:18 AM
  • As I've mentioned before, context is everything. His reference to a "surge" was for those "fleeing oppression." They are the ones that "should come." Also noted that you only played about 14 seconds. What else preceeded and followed your quote?

This also confirms the fact that Congress must pass comprehensive immigration reform to update asylum standards.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:27 AM
  • I knew that somehow some way you would wiggle out. Typical.

What was Number 2? You denied the Jan 6 committee hired a producer?

You want a link? Theres hundreds of them. NPR,CNN,Your favorite FOX,Wikipedia?

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:52 AM
  • I'm going to guess that you're referring to a "producer" hired to handle and finalize the televised hearings. That's probably true and also irrelevant.

The meetings, interviews, transcripts, witness testimony, report generation/writing, etc. were conducted and "produced" by the committee members.

Interesting fact is that virtually all of the key witnesses, of the 1000 or so, were republicans. There were also ten or more aides and congressmen that refused to testify. Guess since they would have been under oath, they decided they didn't want to have to tell the truth.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 1:50 PM
  • "... someway you would wiggle out."

No "wiggling," simply stating the facts.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 1:52 PM
  • "...some very good people there who felt they were cheated and did nothing wrong."

If they stayed outside of the Capital barricades, they did nothing wrong. If the came inside of the temporary barricades they were guilty of criminal tresspass.

Better question for you is why did they feel "...they were cheated?"

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 1:56 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 11:27 AM

Leftau I disagree. For those who are being oppressed we should help them change things instead of adopting them and supporting them for the rest of their lives in an unfamiliar environment

France helped America as I remember reading history and we threw off the yoke.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 1:57 PM
  • What I know is that there was no "producer" in any sense.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Feb 2, 2024, at 6:20 PM

Which story/comment are you sticking with,Mr Lettau?

Wiggle away!!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 2:18 PM

What I know is that there was no "producer" in any sense.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Feb 2, 2024, at 6:20 PM

And you know that how Water Boy?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 3:20 PM

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock,

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 4:22 PM
  • Again no wiggling...

I was referring to the investigation, witness testimony, depositions, hearings, committee meetings, etc. No producer.

You were referring to a TV production. So you clearly right on your part.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 4:25 PM
  • I had a bucket full of night crawlers that didn’t wiggle that much.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 5:04 PM
  • Believe whatever you want. That's your privilege. All I can tell you is what the facts are.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 5:36 PM

And DA, it is obvious Leftau thinks he is the only one with facts.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 5:47 PM
  • Wheels,I know that he knows he was wrong on both items. That’s all that matters.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 5:58 PM

Guys let up on poor ole Lettau, he's having a tough time defending his Senile Demented Resident of the White House Nursing Home Joey Biden!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 6:09 PM
  • Biden insists on keeping up his proxy war with Russia and looks like he will stumble and fumble us into another Middle East war. If that’s not enough his actions could lead to a new civil war starting in Texas.

Never was a truer thing said about his abilities:

Joe Biden, the man who has been “wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” as former defense secretary Bob Gates wrote.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 6:55 PM
  • Quick couple of questions....

How did an unprovoked Russian invasion of a sovereign nation become Biden's "proxy war?" Fortunately Biden was able to marshall full NATO support for Ukraine while increasing its membership and strength.

Are you in favor of a Congressional declaration of war on Iran? If not, you can give Biden credit for walking the fine line between retaliation and escalation.

Do you feel that Texans would willingly surrender all the advantages of US statehood?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 7:55 PM

Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 6:09 PM

Semo471 maybe when Leftau let's up on his legendary claims on facts when we all know it's BS. He is about the last on here to supply links to his claims.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 7:55 PM
  • Go back to 1:56 today...

Still waiting to learn how "they were cheated" Mr. VanGennip.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 8:26 PM

Go back to 1:56 today...

Still waiting to learn how "they were cheated" Mr. VanGennip.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 8:26 PM

Leftau, my statement was to the effect that they there because they felt like they were cheated. Unlike you, I don’t pretend to read people's minds. I was told that much.

They believed they were cheated at the polls is what I understand the reason they were there. As for why, you will have to ask them. It was my understanding they were not going for a "tourist" outing.

You are not going to succeed if you continue to hammer away at me to make a statement that could only be mind reading.

I will give you a maybe. Maybe those people had been asked to cheat at the polls by a Democrat as I once was and thought there had been been cheating. Can you guarantee there was not any cheating?

Does that answer your question Water Boy?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 7:56 AM

🔸1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (Sec.212F)

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate .

🔹 🔹 🔹

🔸SECTION 212(F) SUSPENSION OF ENTRY OR IMPOSITION OF VISA RESTRICTIONS BY PRESIDENT

June 20, 2020

June 24, 2020. President Trump has issued the Executive Order temporarily suspending the entry of nonimmigrant workers (H-1B, H-2B, L-1, certain J-1 and their dependents) who are outside the U.S. and do not have valid visa at the time of this Order. The suspension will last until December 31, 2020 and may continue as Administration finds ‘necessary’.

https://www.adhikarilaw.com/news-and-alerts/legal-alerts/section-212f-suspension...

🔹 🔹 🔹

“His job is to run for president. My job is to serve the nation.”

~ Sen.James Lankford (R-OK)

🔸🔸

“I don’t regret standing up for choosing governance over grievance , our government is designed to find compromise.”

~ Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:10 AM

Now Leftau if you were to ask a question like do I THINK Democrats will cheat at the polls om occasion I will respond to you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:14 AM

Further Leftau, if you want to know what I think about furnishing ID'S to vote or voting in person, just ask.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:17 AM

-- Posted by Diseased🔹Turtle on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:10 AM

Well there blows Leftau's theory that Biden had to open the border because Trump's Policy was illegal. And further, Biden could close it by Noon today if he gave a dam about Ammerica's needs over the Democrat's desire to build a voting block of indebtedness over the security of the United States of America.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:26 AM

Do you feel that Texans would willingly surrender all the advantages of US statehood?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Feb 5, 2024, at 7:55 PM

Texans are a showing us that they are much more interested in protecting Americans than Dead Man Walking does Leftau.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:33 AM

Republicans have been saying that Joey had the power to do what Trump did in shutting down the Southern Border but that didn't suit the Liberal Socialist Democratic Agenda!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:34 AM

🔸SECTION 212(F) SUSPENSION OF ENTRY OR IMPOSITION OF VISA RESTRICTIONS BY PRESIDENT

Order does not impact those nonimmigrants including those in H, L, J, who are in the U.S. or has sought or going to seek (a) Extension of Status; or (b) Change of Status.

Businesses and trade groups have maintained that the EO could prove a setback for the competitiveness of U.S. businesses and skilled workers and may prove a boon for the re-locations of jobs abroad and off-shoring.

This could prove a setback for U.S. businesses and skilled workers and may prove a boon for the further re-locations of jobs abroad and off-shoring.

https://www.adhikarilaw.com/news-and-alerts/legal-alerts/section-212f-suspension...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:39 AM

No response Leftau?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:40 AM

2 marbles can put a stop to a whole hellova lot of this with an ink pen and 10 seconds .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:41 AM

The state of Texas is a Republic .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 8:47 AM
  • "Does that answer your question...?"

No. "There was no cheating at the polls," as per about 60 failed court cases.

The most likely reason that they felt "cheated" is because Trump said so, nothing more.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 9:54 AM

Lettau, the only thing that was cheated was the loss of my and other Americans' incomes of 17% due to Biden's Inflation from March 2021 till today!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:02 AM
  • Biden will wedge himself between a rock and a hard place if he federalizes the Texas Guard. Also know as his teat in a wringer. Getting his advice from Beto? Seriously?

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:10 AM
  • If Texans are interested in "protecting Americans" their Senators and Representatives will all vote for the current bipartisan Senate Immigration bill.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:37 AM
  • That Senate bill is opposed by the house. Not only by conservatives but some hard left liberals as well. Obviously for different reasons but opposed nonetheless.

Why such the hurry to “pass it to see what’s in it” since it took months to fabricate? We all know how that ploy worked before.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:17 AM

10:37 AM

Lettau, some of the Democrats in Congress are now against the Laughable Illegals Bill!!

Over 6 million New Dependent Biden Illegals entries since 1/21/21!! BTW, that number according to other sources is closer to 9 million!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:20 AM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:37 AM

I believe I read where the House had a bill of their own.

This is how checks and balances work Leftau.

The House is not obligated to pass a Democrat bill. They are obligated to do what is best for America.

If Biden is holding thar border open strictly to force Republicans to do it their way, he should be impeached.

Close the damed border the way you opened it you moron.

Then let Congress work out a permanent fix for America not the Democrat or Republican party.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:50 AM
  • It's right there for them and you read. For some there's a summary that has the pertinent information.

The real question is why are republicans now against controlling the border?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:54 AM
  • "Obviously for different reasons..."

That's called a bipartisan compromise. That's what Congress used to do routinely. What's changed?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:57 AM
  • Why are democrats against controlling the border? Thats the liberal opposition to that bill.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:15 PM

Leftau, holding the border open to force the Republicans to do it the Democrats way is not the way our government is supposed to work.

You would be screaming to high heaven if Trump was the one who had flooded this country with millions of illegals. Biden caused it and Biden cam stop it.

Then Biden stays out of it until a compromise bill hits his desk. That is the way our system is set up.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:16 PM

Leftau this is Dead Man Walking's fault and he should be impeached for it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:17 PM

"That's called a bipartisan compromise. That's what Congress used to do routinely. What's changed?"

Yeah compromise and do it my way. Why not take the Republican House bill then.

The Democrats won't stop the problem until they get it their way.

Close the border and sit down and compromise. Mark my words Leftau the bullying tactics of the Democrats today will come back to bite them in the a s tomorrow.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:39 PM

The real question is why are republicans now against controlling the border?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 11:54 AM

Spoken like a true Democrat azzwipe.

The border was under control until Biden broke it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:48 PM

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:02 AM

Incomes?, that's not the only thing that got hurt.

Got a nickel in the bank, that is only worth a little over $0.04

at this point.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 12:57 PM

Remember the Democratic Party in November, they have screwed up the border, the value of the dollar and about everything else they touched.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 1:00 PM
  • "Why are democrats against controlling the border?"

They're not against it. President Biden has indicated he'd sign the Senate's bipartisan bill as soon as it reaches his desk.

The hypocrisy of republicans now in opposition to controlling the border will likely be a major campaign issue, specifically for the 220 republicans, and 10 or so republican Senators running in November. They are well on the way to owning the border crisis.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 1:04 PM

1:04 PM

Americans are not Dumb Lettau, they will remember Joey's Screwups and will vote Republican this November!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 1:32 PM
  • Mr. Braswell,

Here are a few questions you apparently overlooked.

Quick couple of questions....

How did an unprovoked Russian invasion of a sovereign nation become Biden's "proxy war?" Fortunately Biden was able to marshall full NATO support for Ukraine while increasing its membership and strength.

Are you in favor of a Congressional declaration of war on Iran? If not, you can give Biden credit for walking the fine line between retaliation and escalation.

----- ---- --- -- -

These shouldn't be too hard for you, but then again...

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 1:36 PM
  • It’s only “bipartisan” when it’s in the liberals favor. See Pelosi’s “bipartisan” committee for example. That’s how that works.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 1:49 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:03 PM
  • How crazee is that. A leading conservative Senator censured for working on solutions to the border crisis.

Something smells of a Trump presence.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:08 PM
  • Isn't Biden saying he will secure the border if the Republicans will just send the bill over? So why is he wanting to unsecure the border in Texas?

His actions don’t match his words.

Then back to that rock and a hard place if he federalizes or takes control from the Texas governor he has admitted there’s a national emergency,ie,invasion. Even Major Muddles realizes that’s no choice so blame it on republicans.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:13 PM
  • You may want to read the bill. It changes the rules for asylum seekers and that been the single biggest problem all along.

It's not "blaming republicans," it's going along with what they've been wanting all this time, and for the past few years. There's no reason to do anything with the Texas guard.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:28 PM

Leftau so far as the Republicans owning the border mess that Dead Man Walking created, they don't want a Democrat mess. I suggest Obama having his fingers in having the Lamebrain who created it, do it in the first place. I truly believe Obama hates America.

If Biden and the Democrats want to hold America hostage on the border, I think America will give them payback

CLOSE IT TODAY!! You can still sign your name can you not, Dead Man Walking?

Leftau, you sound like you have reached panicsville with this little Democratic conundrum.

You can whine about the Republicans being the problem here, but anyone with an IQ over 50 can see where the problem lays.

Your Dims created the problem Water Boy..... FIX IT!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:29 PM

Leftau so far as the Republicans owning the border mess that Dead Man Walking created, they don't want a Democrat mess. I suggest Obama having his fingers in having the Lamebrain who created it, do it in the first place. I truly believe Obama hates America.

If Biden and the Democrats want to hold America hostage on the border, I think America will give them payback

CLOSE IT TODAY!! You can still sign your name can you not, Dead Man Walking?

Leftau, you sound like you have reached panicsville with this little Democratic conundrum.

You can whine about the Republicans being the problem here, but above with an IQ over 50 can see where the problem lays.

Your Dims created the problem Water Boy..... FIX IT!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:29 PM

"You may want to read the bill. It changes the rules for asylum seekers and that been the single biggest problem all along."

That BS you have been promoting doesn't hold water. That information that Rick aka Deceased Turtle posted gave Trump every right to impose stay in Mexico.

I repeat for those who are a little slow like you....Dead Mam Walking created the problem with his EO and I think Barrack Hussein Obama had his finger in it.

You have convinced nobody on hear of exactly nothing. Little Man!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 2:44 PM
  • More misunderstandings Mr. VanGennip, Rick's references were to immigrant limitations, the issue now is asylum seekers. There's the difference.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 3:41 PM

🔸1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (Sec.212F)

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate .

What portion of the above posted by Rick do you suppose I misunderstood Leftau?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 4:09 PM

More misunderstandings Mr. VanGennip, Rick's references were to immigrant limitations, the issue now is asylum seekers. There's the difference.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 3:41 PM

What portion of the following do you not understand Water Boy?

"any aliens or of any class of aliens"

1.) An "Asylumn Seeker" Is a "class" Leftau

2.) So is a fake Asylumn Seeker!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 4:14 PM

The Truth is Leftau, Dead Man Walking could close that Border yet today if he was not using it for a purpose.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 4:17 PM
  • “Everyday between now and November the American people will know it’s Donald Trump not making the border secure”

Biden

It will if you keep lying like a dog.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 4:42 PM

"the issue now is asylum seekers. There's the difference."

That is your phony claim Leftay, the law says "any class"

Now try to convince us that "Asylum Seekers" are not a class.

You argument is as phony as*** I will be nice and leave it unsaid.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:13 PM
  • Mr. Braswell,

Trump directed the Speaker to describe the Senate immigration bill as DOA.

Why would the democrats not point this out in every political race this fall?

Obviously the republicans could have second thoughts and pass the bill and find out if President Biden can make it work.

The problem is that Trump doesn't care (and never has) about America or Americans. He wants a campaign issue for his get out of jail free (GOOJF) card, nothing more.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:41 PM
  • "...any class of immigrant..." however asylum seekers are not a class of immigrant.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:43 PM
  • Only you would defend and fall for that.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:44 PM

"...any class of immigrant..." however asylum seekers are not a class of immigrant.

Pray tell us what you think they are water Boy if they are not a class of immihrant.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:59 PM
  • Do you not see the difference between someone seeking an improved economic condition by applying for immigration to the US, and someone fearing for their lives due to severe political, religious, criminal or societal oppression?

Thought you'd understand.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:03 PM

The problem is that Trump doesn't care (and never has) about America or Americans. He wants a campaign issue for his get out of jail free (GOOJF) card, nothing more.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 5:41 PM

And you know that how Leftau? I will take it as another one of your lies.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:11 PM

Do you not see the difference between someone seeking an improved economic condition by applying for immigration to the US, and someone fearing for their lives due to severe political, religious, criminal or societal oppression?

Thought you'd understand.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:03 PM

No Leftau I do not understand the difference when it comes to the subject if or not they are an immigrant. If those people are not an immigrant, what are they?

A Silver dollar is not the same size, weight or color as a Gold dollar. But they are both made of a type of metal and they both in their day would pay the same kind of bill and they in their day were both legal tendar.

These people seeking entry into our country are all people, they are all seeking entry into the United States of America and they all are a "TYPE" of immigrant.

Therfore a President can by his order limit their entry into this country as a Type as is written.

And you Leftau as I fully understand it are just trying to justify your precious Democrat President as being correct any way you can, But an Asylum Seeker, a Phony Asylumn Seeker or a plain old border hopper are a Type and the rule says the President of the United States of American can bar their entry, Just as Trump did and Just as Dead Man Walking is Trying to Undo. Biden still has time do change what he dumbly undid, causing Millions of dependents to prey upon our good graces, and he still has time today. If he is not napping in the White House Day Care Center.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:31 PM
  • "And you know that how...."

Because Trump said so. You really don't pay much attention to what's going on in our country, do you?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:40 PM

any class of immigrant..." however asylum seekers are not a class of immigrant.

Lettau, a person crossing the Southern Border who is not Legal is classified as an Illegal even if they claim Asylum....to be legally they have to appear before a Judge on a certain date and if the Judge finds the person is right in their Asylum request than they are Legal, if the Judge finds against them they are Illegal and should be booted out of the USA!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:59 PM

Because Trump said so. You really don't pay much attention to what's going on in our country, do you?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:40 PM

Oh, I think I do Leftau, but if the question is, do I spend every waking minute on politics, hell no! I have other responsibilities and interests. In my lifetime Leftau, I have worked for others, I have started and rnu my own business, I have collected old pocket watches, I have learned to do the minor repairs on them my self up to and including cleaning them, changing mainsprings, changing broken balance wheel staffs and a few other things, like collecting coins both Gold and Silver, bought and sold bare diamonds and other jewelry, and I was reasonably good at diagnosing and repairing furnaces and air conditioners from household to jobs on up to about 50 tons along with that I have remodeled a few houses and commercial buildings, also building a couple of houses and commercial buildings, bought a couple of farms. Oh and been President of the Board of a couple of Statewide Trade Associations at the same time. While I wasn't busy I did a little Genealogy on families connected with wife and I going back into Europe

Yeah I guess you are right Leftau, paying attention to politics as a sole hobby or job has not quite been my total dedication. But with what little I have done in my lifetime, I did become quite good at judging people and their motives.

I guess you are correct, I haven't been around much Leftau. I did do a little hunting also in my younger years, from Rabbits to Elk and I did bag a Bear once.

My life has been a little dull, maybe with all of your wisdom and experience you could tell me how to jazz it up a little.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 9:02 PM

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 6:59 PM

Semo471, Just how many of those illegals they have turned loose are ever going to see a judge?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 9:06 PM

im·mi·grant

[ˈiməɡrənt]

NOUN

a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country:

"he's a recent immigrant to the US from Germany" · "she was born in New York, the daughter of immigrant parents" · "immigrant workers"

any class of immigrant..." however asylum seekers are not a class of immigrant.

Maybe you might like to rethink that and learn something Leftau. Didn't they have dictionaries where you grew up?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 9:11 PM

So regardless of what Lftau says, Trump's remain in Mexico was perfectly legal. He had the authority to do what he did.

Dead Man Walking screwed it up and there is still time today t close the Border.

Dead Man Walking broke what was working and Dead Man Walking owes it to America to fix it. Close the da ed border Stuquid.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 9:16 PM

9:06 PM

Wheels: Probably none.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 10:22 PM

"...any class of immigrant..." however asylum seekers are not a class of immigrant.

Pray tell us what you think they are water Boy if they are not a class of immihrant.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 7:59 AM
  • How often must that be explained to you...

A person living peacefully in another country wanting to live and work in the USA applies for immigrant status.

A person living in another country being violently oppressed for political, religious, ethnic, or social reasons, and fearing for their lives escapes to the US and applies for asylum status.

Two totally different situations.

Right now our legal asylum "system" is broken, and that's what the Senate bill can fix. So why don't republicans want it fixed?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:20 AM

Riddle me this Leftau are thise so called asylum coming to live here permanently?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:27 AM

Guess they didn’t teach logic where you went to school Leftau.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:31 AM

8:20 AM

Trump's Stay in Mexico Policy while waiting to see if that person is a potential legal asylum seeker worked until Mr. Mumbles took office!!

Over 6 million Illegals entered the USA since 1/21/21 made up of Criminals, Drug Runners, and Possibly Terrorists....all of which supported by the American Taxpayers Billions of Dollars yearly!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:35 AM

If they are from a civilized country they first apply for a Permanent VISA which they currently are in a lottery they must win and may have to wait years. They also must show evidence they can care for themselves. I was speaking to one of them by phone last night who is a 4th cousin from Holland educated and working with no money from the American taxpayer. How did we find one another after about 175 or so years? Doing Genealogy.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:43 AM

Semo471, it appears the Water Boy either cannot or will not understand the definition of an immigrant.

Guess if you are one of those Leftist, Liberal, Socialistic, Communistic leaning Democrats you just rewrite Webster's little book to suit yourself. It should be obvious to him that a so called asylum seeker is not looking to return from whence he came, therfore he wants to live here permanently. He is not a tourist Leftau. He is a class of immigrant.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 8:53 AM
  • No surprise here. For Mr. VanGennip it comes back to don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind.

Of course many will want to go back if situations in their own country change. Best example today is the number of asylum seekers or refugees that escaped Putin's war in Ukraine to Europe or America, who are anxious to return when it's safe. The same could be said of Venezuelans.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 9:10 AM

Biden effed up the Southern Border with a stroke of the pen.

He can correct his mistake the same way.

Just do it the simple way. Protect America. You took an Oath to do so!

CLOSE THE DAM BORDER@!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 9:15 AM

https://l.smartnews.com/p-ksVSs/Vrv8lv

Close the border and send this n tcase to a Sanitarium!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 9:22 AM

Immigrant is anybody who was not born in America .

Put them in any categories that makes you comfortable or excuses but they are People who were not born in America , simple as that. It doesn't matter where they come from or what part of the world .

When there's trauma the first thing to do is stop the bleeding , learned this lesson at work . For every excuse there are 5 reasons not to at this time , it's not a question but a lesson learned in time .

America has it's very own People oppressed for political, religious, ethnic, or social reasons, and fearing for their lives . There are already Americans living in the streets and poverty -- New York is giving immigrants pre-paid debit cards , what in the hell is wrong with that picture ?

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 9:44 AM

Come November and watch the Democrats try to "reason" with America why these people should vote

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 10:03 AM
  • Rick S.,

Defining an immigrant as anyone not born in America is fine as a generalization.

However, the issue is that the various US laws don't treat them all equally.

That why Congress has to change the law.

And for whatever strange reason, the republicans want the border "open" as in allowing anyone to turn themselves to border patrol agents and claim asylum.

It's clear the Trump has been bragging about his efforts to scuttle the bipartisan border deal.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 10:27 AM

Lettau, Joey can shut down the Southern Border with an EO tomorrow, why doesn't he do it?? Perhaps the Mexican Drug Cartels are paying him off....hummmmmm

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 10:43 AM
  • Lots of these so called “asylum seekers’ are wanting to travel to Chicago and New York. So coming here to presumably get away from drugs,gangs and violence they want to go to two of the places with the most drugs,gangs and violence. Surely not wanting hook up with old pals.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 6:27 PM

"Defining an immigrant as anyone not born in America is fine as a generalization."

Leftau I gave you the deefinition of an imigrant. What about that don't you understand. The United States has nothing to do with it. Makes no difference if a French Citizen decides to live in Italy, he is an immigrant.

Twist and Turn, Twist and Turn, you are a typical Democrat Leftau.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 7:41 PM

Leftau these people coming through Dead Man Walking's open border are nothing more and nothing less than illegal immigrants. I know how hard it is for a European to get into this country with a Permanent Visa, A Dutch relative took years to do it legally. Yet these border hoppers from the Southern Border just walk in with no papers and the Democrats tell them to apply for a phony Asylum Claim. And Leftau by definition they are an immigrant, albeit an Illegal Immigrant.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 7, 2024, at 7:49 PM

Rick L

We will dis-agree on the definition of immigrant because a person has to get here before they face any American Laws , they weren't born in America . The Laws in their Country are different , some immigrants come here for Asyslum from their Laws .

I do agree Congress needs to do something , anything , and it's all about money too . Business and low labor costs , but that's a different story for another day . Congress should talk to each other instead of about each other IMO.

Me thinks it's not just the the republicans who want the border "open" , it's a team effort . Democrats eat pork too .

𝓗e who can not be said wrote the SECTION 212(F) SUSPENSION OF ENTRY on June 20, 2020 . That's about the last 6 months of the Administration or 6 months before the Election . But that's a different story for another day too . This is all on Biden .

🔸🔸

How many of these immigrants will become Mole People..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYvThk5kY5I

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 7:01 AM

Rick, the current situation in DC is a CF.

Dead Man Walking doesn't have a clue to what is going on. Someone is pulling his strings and I suspect it is Obama.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 7:10 AM

Close the border, round em up and send them back to where they came from. That's what would happen if they came from a civilized country.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 7:15 AM

Over 6 million and counting of Biden's Illegals costing the USA Taxpayers Billions and Billions of Dollars every year!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 7:57 AM

Hey SEMO is beginning to wake up!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 7:59 AM

The same laws should apply to the Southern Border as it does to our other borders.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 8, 2024, at 8:01 AM
  • Denver spent something like $34 million supporting illegals last year and has projected that it will be at least $100 million more in 2024. Now the administration is making all other city services to cut their budgets by 15% to cover it.

Priority is to care for the illegals.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 5:07 PM
  • Perhaps you should suggest to the city of Denver that they permit the legally allowed asylum seekers to work.

Topeka KS is offering $15,000 each for new workers.

Colorado is getting over $300 million in infrastructure projects requiring more workers.

The Texas AGC head stated the could employ 500,000 more construction workers immediately.

I'd suggest that Colorado needs more Agricultural workers also.

The priority is to put people to work.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 5:31 PM

The priority is to put people to work.

The Priority is to close the border and send these people back where they came from. Let American's take those jobs and shut off their unemployment if they refuse.

Your comment.... "The priority is to put people to work.", is nothing more than a cover for Dead Man Walking and his failed policies.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 6:05 PM

My Question....

How many people does America have drawing unemployment benefits?

My Response.....

Their count of people receiving UI benefits hit its highest level ever, nearly 23 million (not seasonally adjusted), for the week ending May 9. Their separate count of people filing new UI claims hit a record high of more than 6 million people in early April.

Still want to try and sell us the BS idea that we need these illegals and that our economy i so great that we have 100% employment and need undocumented imigrants/illegals to save us???

You think we still have a need for a few million untrained people from a 3rd world Country Water Boy?

Try thinking like an American for a change and quit thinking about the need to establish a voter block to keep the Democrats in permanent power and control!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 6:18 PM

Where did you go Leftay? Still think we need a few million more illegals left in by Dead Man Walking when he opened the border on or about the first day in his Presidency.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 6:35 PM

Guess the Water Boy has no answere to logical questions.

Doesn't look like his Priority to give illegals the work Americans should be doing hasn't gained a lot of traction on here.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 9, 2024, at 9:34 PM

A si ly post and he does a disappearing act.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 8:34 AM

The Texas AGC head stated the could employ 500,000 more construction workers immediately.

I'd suggest that Colorado needs more Agricultural workers also.

Lettau, there is already over 6 million Illegals in the USA since 1/21/21.....how many more "workers" do you and the DNC need??

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 9:36 AM

Go over to China and there's no OSHA or HAZMAT , no E-STOPs or barrier guards , auto shut-off switches or lock-out/tag-out ..if somebody cuts their hand off just throw them out of the back door , there's planty of People wating out front . Give them a roof over their head , some food , and a couple of bucks , they'll work all day .

And so it is with the border , the same thing , cheap labor . no skills , no regulations . Somebody falls off the roof , there's plenty more just waiting to get up on there and start hammering away for a couple bucks .

Trump didn't fix anything and won't fix anything either .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 9:42 AM

9:42 AM

"Trump didn't fix anything and won't fix anything either."

Your opinion only!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 10:52 AM
  • Put them to work? It’s illegal to hire illegals.

Everyone of the illegals,legal or whatever one prefers to call them violate the Charge Doctrine when they enter the US without the ability to support themselves.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 1:38 PM

Lettau, there is already over 6 million Illegals in the USA since 1/21/21.....how many more "workers" do you and the DNC need??

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 9:36 AM

The answer is all they can get to form a voting block that cannot be overcome and will give them permanent control.

You wait and see, if it is allowed to happen we will see Socialism take over and turn into Communism. It is all about power and control, to hell with the citizens and our country. I never dreamed it could happen, but I think we are on the brink if these power hungry bastards get their way. These illegals Dead Man Walking let in are just a start.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 3:43 PM

3:43 PM

"I think we are on the brink if these power hungry......get their way. These illegals Dead Man Walking let in are just a start."

Wheels, you are sooooooo right!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 4:20 PM

Immigrants have been coming to the Great Lands for 100's and 100's of years . Pieces of paper with words written on them do not change how they think , how they live , or who they are. There were no pieces of paper long ago but when there were they had strange words that made no sense .Immigrants come here to create their own Laws , culture , cities , and way of life . Look what it has done and is doing all over again , history repeats itself ...and how do you like it?

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Sun, Feb 11, 2024, at 7:37 AM

Rick I do not believe what happen a few hundred years ago was right. But repeating it for a political motive today is not right.

And two wrongs do not make a right.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 11, 2024, at 8:42 AM

The Democrats have really been quiet of late on the Speak Out Threads and the Opinion Columns....wonder why? LOL

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 11, 2024, at 9:21 AM

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Feb 11, 2024, at 9:21 AM

I would bet if you asked the water Boy, he would tell you, it's Trump's fault.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 11, 2024, at 9:30 AM
  • Not only Mr Lettau:

Mayorkas Says the border is closed as Ol Joey blames Trump for it being open.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 6:39 PM
  • It's clear that you still refuse to recognize how US asylum law is written.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 9:51 PM

It's clear that you still refuse to recognize how US asylum law is written.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 9:51 PM

Leftau, even you cannot be dum enough to believe all of those thousands per day are seeking asylum.

What proof are we asking for?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 10:06 PM
  • Mayorkas Impeached. Good start.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 10:22 AM

Notice NYC elected a Democrat last night in the special election to replace the Republican Santos , the same city where Abbott shipped all of those immigrants . Not so sure how or why or what all of this means but it sure is ironic.

Now the House has even one less Majority to play with . The Mayorkas Impeachment was by 1 vote , dunno as the Senate will do anything , it could happen . Maybe it was more of a warning shot at Biden . If he is replaced , Biden will just do the choosing anyway .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 11:04 AM
  • Mr. Braswell,

Exactly what crimes did Majorkas commit?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 11:18 AM
  • He’s been impeached so in your world he’s guilty.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:03 PM

Exactly what crimes did Majorkas commit?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 11:18 AM

I am sure you will be made privey to them as announced. And being a slow learner, you need to be told again.

The list will be accusations of a crime, only a crime if convicted by a jury of his peers, same as in the Trump accusations.

Leftau you really should learn more about the American system of justice.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:06 PM

New anti-climbing border wall prototype being installed in California

“techitos,” or little rooftops.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/border-coverage/new-anti-climb...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:07 PM

He’s been impeached so in your world he’s guilty.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:03 PM

Funny how it works when it happens to a Democrat isn't it. The need for a final answer is NOW!

The Democrats played their games for going on 8 years and everything was cut and dried with the Water Boy. It's done he's guilty find something else. He'll really have a cow when all of this money laundering is exposed and they impeach Dead Man Walking.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:26 PM

DA maybe you can make up a little info piece like Leftau and then repeat it like a 2nd grade child on the playground. You know like Leftau does.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:30 PM
  • So neither of you have any idea of what crimes he is being charged with.

Convenient, especially comical as the House doesn't know either.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:35 PM

In a 20-page impeachment resolution, Republicans on the House Homeland Security Committee accused Mayorkas of "willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law" and a "breach of public trust." The committee is set to meet on Tuesday to consider the articles.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mayorkas-impeachment-articles-house-republicans/

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 1:43 PM
  • Thx,DT. I wasn’t about to cowtow to silly questions from Mr Lettau.

Lettau Land=impeachment=guilt.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 2:24 PM
  • Couldn't answer one more time. No surprise.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 3:34 PM

So neither of you have any idea of what crimes he is being charged with.

Convenient, especially comical as the House doesn't know either.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 12:35 PM

DA, In Leftau's warped opinion Democrats can do no wrong. They can have millions going into their bank accounts from foreign interest and couldn't be anything wrong here. Bank Statements are just numbers on a piece of paper he says

I say bullshat. He us what he is, just a Water Boy for the Democratic Party.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 3:45 PM

Thx,DT. I wasn’t about to cowtow to silly questions from Mr Lettau.

You mean demands don't you?

He thinks you are obligated to respond to his simple shat, like you are his hired lavky.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:19 PM
  • No you both are still ignorant of what crimes Majorkas is supposedly being charged with.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:23 PM

No you both are still ignorant of what crimes Majorkas is supposedly being charged with.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:23 PM

What are you saying Little Man? That the Republicans followed the Democrat example in filing impeachment papers?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:28 PM

Further Little Man, I have business to attend to in filing my tax Return which I have been working on all afternoon. Don't want to pay any more than necessary to support Dead Man Walking's illegals!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:32 PM
  • And I thought Mr Lettau could read.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 4:49 PM
  • If you read it, you would know if they specified a criminal statute. So what is the crime?

You didn't read it did you?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 5:22 PM

5:22 PM

Like I said Lettau just google it and you will have your answer to your dumas question. BTW, I don't take orders from you - got it slick!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 5:57 PM
  • Of course I didn’t read it. You were the one having a hissy fit. It your world an impeachment means guilty.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 6:01 PM
  • Not at all. Trump was impeached because of specific crimes he committed. Being impeached did not mean he was guilty. A bipartisan majority of Senators finding him guilty did it.

While the guilty votes did not reach the threshold for removal, the evidence of his guilt was turned over to the DOJ, and that's what a number of his indictments were based on.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 6:59 PM

"Not at all. Trump was impeached because of specific crimes he committed. Being impeached did not mean he was guilty. A bipartisan majority of Senators finding him guilty did it."

Whoa up Little Man. Trump was not found guilty as required by law. Took 2/3 rds majority to do that. A simple majority meant nothing. Keep trying to impress that point Little Man. It only shows what little you know about our laws. To this point in history, NO President has been removed from office by impeachment, nor been found guilty as required.

Simple majorities prove nothing.

Capeesh?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 7:16 PM
  • Impeachment is a political process, not a legal procedure.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 7:35 PM

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal procedure.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 7:35 PM

Leftau would you like to post the Statute that spells that out.

While it may have political reasons for trying to institute it, I believe you will find it carries the full force of law and is weritten into our laws.

But I will await your posting the material that proves me incorrect..... if you can.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 7:53 PM
  • Impeachment Is a Political Process, Not a Judicial One

Each act that a president takes provides him some political gain. But 'How much is too much?' is a quintessentially political question.

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/2019/12/10/impeachment-is-a-political-pro...

In simple terms, legal processes can end in various levels of imprisonment or fines. Impeachment "punishment" is limited to removal from office, but does not eliminate or preclude a political process after leaving office, as in Trump's indictments.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 8:30 PM
  • "It your world an impeachment means guilty."

Wrong again. Back to this, so you still don't know what crime Majorkas supposedly committed.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 8:34 PM
  • Why is it my job to explain the impeachment? Above my pay grade and you don’t realize it’s way above yours. Can’t read and understand is your problem not mine.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 8:58 PM

In simple terms, legal processes can end in various levels of imprisonment or fines. Impeachment "punishment" is limited to removal from office, but does not eliminate or preclude a political process after leaving office, as in Trump's indictments.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 8:30 PM

And Trump was not found guilty in the impeachment process as you proclaimed earlier.

Nevertheless impeachment is still a legal process as set up in our Rules and Regulations and it has definite legal considerations that must be met. such as Senators act as a jury and who must serve as the judge and while removal from office is the only punishment. It is still prescribed by law.

Is it different from a trial for violating one of our criminal laws, certainly but does come under our Constitution and Laws therfore it is a legal procedure

Now Leftau where you may have got your idea of it being political, yes I believe the Democrats during Trump's term definitely used the law politically and did fail in their efforts. Being slow learners they had to repeat their failure.

You failed to show it was not a legal procedure Leftau because the punishment for it if found guilty is prescribed in law.

We are a country of laws, not some Banana Republic where a Political Party can change a leader without due process.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 9:00 PM
  • "It is different from a trial..."

Exactly. One is a political procedure the other a legal process.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 9:45 PM

"It is different from a trial..."

Exactly. One is a political procedure the other a legal process.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 9:45 PM

They are different undoubtedly, stealing chickens and an impachment are different and come under different laws. But they nevertheless are controled by law and as a mentioned earlier in a Banana Republic a Political Party can replace a leader by force, we on the other hand have laws in how it is carried out, but it still must be done by the law not by the will of some political party.

You are howling about it happening now because it is a Democrat who axx is on the chopping block But just .a few short years ago it was w Republican dealingwith it and you cheered it on.

Politics first and Country 2nd is not what Aneruca should be about. Leftau it is pretty clear where you stand.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 9:57 PM

8:30 PM

Political Process or a Judicial One - what difference does it make....the final result will be that Majorkas will be gone!! Then next in line will be Joey the 10% Big Guy to be Impeached unless he does a Nixon and Resigns!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 10:01 PM

Doesn't appear as though the Senate is going to do anything with it , neither Party . Watched Bill O'Reilly last night and he made some interesting points about the GOP overall in general , he could be right , only time will tell .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 6:08 AM

$2 billion for catch and release since 2017

The data, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act

🔸 🔸

Asylum-seekers have paid over $2 billion in bonds since 2017 to be released from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facilities pending their immigration proceedings, according to a new report.

The report by Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse of Syracuse University found that since the start of Fiscal Year 2017 and through December, more than a quarter of a million bonds — 258,438 — have been paid to ICE officials for release.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/2b-in-bonds-paid-by-asylum-see...

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 6:39 AM

What happened to the other 6 to 7 million other Illegals who are free to roam the USA committing crimes and possible Terrorist activities?? How many Billions of Taxpayers Dollars has Joey spent on that OPEN SOUTHERN BORDER for these new Wards of the Federal Government?? Thanks to the Resident of the White House Nursing Home Joey Biden for all that you have done to Screw America up!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 7:41 AM

That other 6 or 7 million was going ti

O be my question as well. How did they make it through without a bond.

Sounds like another credit to Dead Man Walking's account.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 7:50 AM
  • If nothing else this conversation got Mr Lettau to admit the Trump impeachment was nothing more than a political revenge stunt.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 11:05 AM
  • Why would you make something like that up? Trump's impeachments were based on his criminal acts. Those with a reasonable level of knowledge understand that.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 11:15 AM

11:15 AM

Those with a reasonable level of knowledge understand that Trump was innocent of all charges!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 12:33 PM

Leftau do you think it is a reasonable act to open the border to 6 or 7 million undocumented people who have little chance of taking care of themselves in this country?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 1:04 PM

All Americans are innocent until proven guilty in a Court of Law which includes Trump , Biden , or anyone else .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 1:07 PM
  • Rick S.,

Correct. My statement simply pointed out that Trump's impeachments were base on criminal acts.

His first impeachment is now irrelevant. His second is the basis of current indictments.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 1:19 PM
  • Make it up? Mayorkas impeachment based on the same but as you stated impeachments are political.

Anyone with a reasonable level of knowledge would know that. Except you,of course.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 1:19 PM

1:19 PM

Lettau: LOL at your BS!!

58% of Americans think that Biden's DEI Administration is a FAILURE!!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/2858736/another-nail-...

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 2:04 PM

Rick S.,

Correct. My statement simply pointed out that Trump's impeachments were base on criminal acts.

His first impeachment is now irrelevant. His second is the basis of current indictments.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 1:19 PM

Leftau both impeachments are irrelevant. Neither accomplished a thing other than waste the taxpayers time and treasure.

There was a get Trump move afoot from the day it was announced that he had trounced Hillary Clinton. The Russian BS and on and on. Tell us, what did your Democrats do for America with thus waste of time and treasure. And with it all his performance as President has beat Dead Man Walking's seven ways from Sunday.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 2:28 PM

Guess Leftau has no thoughts on the matter.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 8:50 PM

Wheels: Lettau is on the phone with the DNC for some talking points!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Feb 15, 2024, at 9:13 PM
  • Biden is trying to screw over Texas in more ways than just not taking care of the border. Stopping their LNG exports now allowing Russia to sell more to Europe. .

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Feb 19, 2024, at 7:10 PM

Texas’ Abbott unveils military base amid border fight with Biden

Abbott announced the new infrastructure, called the “Forward Operating Base,” on Monday. The base will accommodate up to 2,300 National Guard soldiers and is the largest military infrastructure Abbott has erected under Operation Lone Star. The 80-acre property along the Rio Grande will open a short distance from Shelby Park, the riverfront area where Texas National Guard members have installed miles of razor wire and began denying access to U.S. Border Patrol agents.

The plans for the base were announced as Republican governors from several states pledged to send members of their National Guard to help at the Texas border.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem are also among the lawmakers sending in resources to help Abbott.

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 20, 2024, at 6:54 AM

Missouri is also sending some of its National Guard for Operation Lone Star!!

IMO, look for Joey to forget that EO voiding Trump's Stay in Mexico Policy and issue an EO reacting that policy!! PR/Vote Stunt since it's an election year!!

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Feb 20, 2024, at 7:34 AM

And the SO Democrat will hail it as a great move on his part Semo.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 20, 2024, at 10:27 AM

IMO the border is beyond a quick EO rule or policy fix now .

I tend to agree with Bill O'Reilly , the border has been obliviated , it no longer exists . The Republcans have no valid alternative solution or answer , they just want to hammer Biden about it . He says the Party is becoming the Party of "No" , curious that. "No solutions , just dysfuntions and hammering of Biden and it's going to show this November . There is no Leader of the Republican Party , there's a Populist who couldn't care less about the Party."

He used the special election that replaced Santos(R) in Long Island which was won by a Democrat as an example .

-- Posted by Diseased*Turtle on Tue, Feb 20, 2024, at 11:30 AM
  • Looks like all the Democratic officials carping and Texas doing what Biden has refused to do has finally had an effect as Biden may invoke an EO to close the border.

Was Trump right? Looking like Ol Joey thinks so.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Feb 22, 2024, at 8:23 AM

I just read where Missouri is sending help to Texas.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Feb 23, 2024, at 8:02 AM

Respond to this thread