Speak Out: The Gift of Magi

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 11:07 AM:

Me'Lange thank you for your professional debates regarding local issues. I also want to thank all of the above bloggers that Me'Lange mentioned they are good people and is why america is so great because they care. God Bless to all and Merry Christmas to you and family.

Don't for get all: Swamps 2nd annual blogger awards will be aanounced on New Years Eve. Grey Wolf is the defending champion from 2010.

Replies (23)

• -- Posted by Me'Lange on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 11:44 AM

I am pretty sure Conservababe has passed on.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 11:53 AM
  • Back in the hectic days when Speak Out might go to 300 posts, someone revealed her name and I saw an obituary notice a year or so ago.

The information she had revealed about herself including her physical appearance matched.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 12:22 PM
  • -- Posted by Me'Lange on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 12:18 PM

Well I am pretty "hit or miss" and don't really contribute much anyway outside of some narrow areas of interest.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 12:26 PM
  • -- Posted by Me'Lange on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 12:34 PM

That she did and it appears she led a pretty interesting life.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 12:38 PM
  • Thank you!

A Merry Christmas to all, and the most joyous of New Years!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 1:38 PM
  • Me'Lange, I know we don't agree on much, but thanks for starting this thread and at least attempting to start something positive. It is sad to see it die a relatively sudden death while negative posts hit 100+.

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 2:44 PM
  • Since our posts were deleted yesterday I'll add mine again.

Thanks! SE Missourian staff for the privilege of using the site to cuss/discuss the topics we like.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 3:42 PM
  • Thank you all for hours of interesting reading and for being so humanly open.

May you all have a blessed Christmas.

-- Posted by InReply on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 4:20 PM
  • "Wheels -- I truly appreciated your advice when I changed out my HVAC.".

Wheels - looks like your off the list and I'm on it! You were right!

:-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 4:33 PM
  • -- Posted by Me'Lange on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 4:25 PM

Certainly understand that and if I am ever wrong, I will change my mind; thankfully haven't had to so far... ;-)

-- Posted by Acronym on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 4:47 PM
  • (Sigh)I'm just like ol' Eeeyore an' Pooh: "Oh well, Pooh, that's normal. Besides, I like it alone out here, with only my thoughts!"

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 5:56 PM
  • Awwwee Dug... I'm sorry. Not an intentional oversight. I enjoy having discussions with you!

-- Posted by Me'Lange on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 4:43 PM

As I do with you. And thanks for the wishes. I ALMOST quit posting here after being left off your list today but you brought me back from the brink. :-) :-) :-)

Have a great Christmas everyone!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • Me'lange, Thanks. I've been told about that dry humor before but will never understand what that means until someone explains a wet sense of humor.

I have trouble keeping up with who's who, I don't remember "Eye opening".

Merry Christmas to all and may blessings abound!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 9:54 PM
  • Me'Lange

Thank you. Recovering well. Santa came early. Left me a dandy. Can't wait until I can do more than look at it.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Dec 21, 2011, at 10:50 PM
  • A Very Merry Christmas to One and All!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUb8ySdERKs

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 12:57 AM
  • My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of OZ.

Even though The Wizard of Oz is loaded with esoteric meaning known only to some secret societies and occultists, I and most others still love the cinematic beauty of the film. It is a masterpiece.

This thread reminds me of that movie. Especially so of the film's climax. Thank you Me'Lange, even though I didn't make your dance card. ;)

And as for as G-Mom, I met her and Lumpy for dinner a couple of years ago when I was visiting Cape Girardeau.She is a very smart lady, a sweetie, and everything and more you would expect her to be. I agree Me'Lange that Pops is a lucky / smart man.

Lumpy ( Rick VanDeven ) is one of the few true patriots I have ever had the honor of meeting. Lumpy put his life,his family, his money, and sacred honor on the line when he ran for U.S. Representative. When a person runs against a sitting public official, they are putting their life out there for everyone to see. I totally respect and honor Lumpy. In the totality of Americans who have ever lived, very few have run for a Federal elective office. Rick VanDeven did.

Back to the OZ analogy. Me'Lange in this thread is thanking and being warm and kind to her online friends just like Dorothy praised the positive things about the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion before she clicked her heels. That is truly cool of you Me'Lange and you other posters. That was sweet even for a cynical conspiracy realist "theorist" like me. God bless us everyone, even Mr. Scrooge.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 1:39 AM
  • Thanks for the kind words, Me'Lange, I like you too. ;o)

I attempted my list and then it took a turn to ugly so I ditched it!! :o)~ I am also thankful for this site, it has brought me laughter, knowledge, friendships, tolerance and love throughout the years. Thank you to everyone for adding something 'special' to my day.

I hope everyone has a safe & blessed holiday!

FYI, I'm still not paying! ☺

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 8:28 AM
  • Thanks ME'LANGE, and RICK**(he's up to TWO-**'s now, I see! Keep the faith, Rick!☺)

I'm not an established-regular anymore, really. Generally, I just get an occasional "wild-hair" to post something.

And, TURNIPS, I'm behind you on your "FYI", as well. Except it's not the price, it's the method of payment. You don't pay the Missourian. You pay Google. Monthly. NO other options.

Ironically, I've had a valid-Google account for quite some time prior to "THE-CHANGE", so---well, YOU do the math, per-se!

OK, that ain't what this thread is about, so let's just enjoy these "festive-times" if possible, so we can get them out of our way...!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 2:36 PM
  • Just wondering: ...I suppose many look forward to a special meal to celebrate Christmas. I recall while growing up, chicken and dumplings and home made light bread was always part of a special meal. Sometimes wild duck or other game but most times ham was an extra main delight.... So what's your family tradition when it comes to favorite food for Christmas?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 2:54 PM
  • Don't care what the meat portion is as long as I got a big mess of cornbread stuffing. I glad I convinced granny to give the wife her secret recipe so myself and future family members are able to enjoy it.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 3:39 PM
  • Old J, got dumplings on the stove right now! ☺

We always go with finger foods and plenty of sweet stuff. I like being able to mingle and get a bite to eat here and there. Good for the kiddos as well.

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 4:25 PM
  • "You don't pay the Missourian. You pay Google. Monthly. NO other options."

Donknome2,

I have information that says that may change in the months to come. Hang on. I do not take the hard copy of the newspaper as I would not get it until the news was history, so would be willing to pay for the service, as I plan on continuing to use it. Just don't like the Google option.

Go back to having a Great Christmas! :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 4:52 PM
  • WHEELS: Providing this doesn't get yanked before you read it: The Google-deal is/was only a one-year "deal" to begin with. So, it's likely it will-change, probably to a different-service?

(Hey, it's no secret! I listen to RADIO, instead of TV anyway. It's advertised as such, folks.)

And, once again: I have absolutely NO-issue with paying for it---the monthly auto-withdraw-from-credit-card is what "scares" me. I prefer a bit-more control over such accounts, that's all!

And I'll have a GREAT-Christmas! Just me, my wife, and the ONLY-thing singin' around here had better be the birds in the day, an' the coyotes at night....!!!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Thu, Dec 22, 2011, at 8:44 PM

Respond to this thread